Then go to the Welcome Center and introduce yourself Smile

TheBookClub
Hey its Nataly, come out and play.
If you need any help let me know.

ATTN NEWBIES:
When you register please check out the forum rules

Then go to the Welcome Center and introduce yourself Smile

TheBookClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheBookClub

A Safe Haven for all Book Enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Join us in chat anytime

Nora Roberts

Go down 
+2
angel0618
BookFever
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BookFever

BookFever

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Okay....so Nora Roberts......

I'm a PNR lover. My men? The darker the better. All flawed and fighting with their demons. Gritty, raunchy, ah yeah!

Then my BFF gave me the first of the Irish Jewels/Ardmore series and one look at the cover had me thinking....ah...nawww...too flowery.

Well, hard up for new books was I, so I sat down to tackle what I'd decided must be a too-sweet piece of literature.

Well, well. Who woulda thunk I would love it!

See there is another side to me. The one who was raised in an area that was pleasantly populated by first and second generation Irish folk. Although, I've never visited Ireland, it doesn't matter, because I have many with true accents on my speed dial!! LOL!

That's what I loved about the series, the way Ms. Roberts captured the true essence of the simple people there (or at least the people that I'd heard about all my life from the ones I knew since I was a wee tot.) The ones who ALWAYS have a pot of tea ready to enjoy and a story to share.

So, if you're looking for a little break from the dark and want to visit with some Irish folk (we'd all love to visit Mandy, but atm I'm a little short on cash - LOL!), a Fairy or two and the legend that lives in Ardmore, go out and get Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon and Heart of the Sea.

It's sweet and funny and very enjoyable.

Happy Reading All!

Lisa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lisaforget
angel0618

angel0618

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 2:53 am

i like her "mcgreagor" series. the the mcgreagor brides and the mcgreagor grooms. they are really intersting to read. (im not sure if i spelled the last name correctly)
Back to top Go down
shar

shar

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:11 pm

think i might actually have a few of these.....better go back through my book list lol
Back to top Go down
angel0618

angel0618

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:04 am

i actually hsvr to dig them out of my closet. all of her books are sitting in a box at the bottom of my closet under shoes n stuff
Back to top Go down
shar

shar

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:02 pm

lol im trying to make a list and organize my books. so far i have like 15 pages and not even near being done. amazing how fast they pile up!
Back to top Go down
BookFever

BookFever

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 am

I've also read the McGregor Brides, that was in the bag with the Ardmore series. That was fun too. If the writing is good and the characters are interesting, then there's the makings of a great read.

I may have to take a look at the stories she writes as JD Robbs...

Happy book digging girls. Hope you find lots of gems!!

~ Lisa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lisaforget
ILUVNURDS

ILUVNURDS

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:15 pm

shar wrote:
lol im trying to make a list and organize my books. so far i have like 15 pages and not even near being done. amazing how fast they pile up!

Oh, that's a great idea!...I like her Circle, and Sign of Seven, trilogy...I started her Three Sister's Island trilogy (I think that's what's it's called, lol), but never finished....Same with the McGregor Brides.
Back to top Go down
angel0618

angel0618

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 pm

i think that i should do what ur doin shar....make a list of all my books....i got waaaaayyy too many to figure out what i need from the authors i luv so much
Back to top Go down
shar

shar

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:40 pm

making a list is tedious if u have alot of books, but worth it in the end. a few of us are trading books via mail, and this works out nice cuz i can just e-mail them a list of what books i have instead of guessing what they like or trying to list all the titles i have by any one author.

also, has anyone read the norah roberts circle trilogy? awesome read!
Back to top Go down
mandy
Admin
mandy

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:14 am

Aw I LOVE the ardmore series!! Another good Irish trilogy of hers that has just come back into print is the Born In, starts of with Born in Fire, great reads!

I really like NR, her latest quartet I thought was fantastic, the first one is the only one out at the minute, Vision in White, I devoured it!
Back to top Go down
mandy
Admin
mandy

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 5:47 am

I just picked up her newest this weekend black hills i'll let you all know what I think
Back to top Go down
angel0618

angel0618

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:09 pm

i just read vision in white......it was wonderful...a lil disappointed thsat the nextbook is so far AWAY
Back to top Go down
mandy
Admin
mandy

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:24 am

Aw me too Angel!!! I wanted Bed of Roses the minute i finished Vision in White!!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLady

FaeLady

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:16 pm

I've been really into Nora Roberts myself lately. I love the "In Death" series to start off with. But then I read "Honest Illusions" That book give me chills. I love it. So much I think I'm going to listen to it audio version here soon.

I just finished "The Ville" today, which was Italian instead of her typical Irish...I liked it, but not quite as much. I also read Vision in White, and while I'm excited about Bed of Roses, I really like the more supernateralish books better.

BTW..Phil Gigante is the voice on her audio version of "Blood Brothers" and I am trying my darndest to get my hands on a copy of that either at the library or for a good price......
Back to top Go down
mandy
Admin
mandy

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:19 am

FaeLady wrote:
I've been really into Nora Roberts myself lately. I love the "In Death" series to start off with. But then I read "Honest Illusions" That book give me chills. I love it. So much I think I'm going to listen to it audio version here soon.

I just finished "The Ville" today, which was Italian instead of her typical Irish...I liked it, but not quite as much. I also read Vision in White, and while I'm excited about Bed of Roses, I really like the more supernateralish books better.

BTW..Phil Gigante is the voice on her audio version of "Blood Brothers" and I am trying my darndest to get my hands on a copy of that either at the library or for a good price......

Phil Gigante is fantastic on Blood Brothers, I was really upset though when I found out that he didn't do the rest of the series!

I meant to post about Black Hills, I loved it!! Really thought it was good and for anyone that has read Vision in White, A bed of Roses is out next week!!! The publication date was moved up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nora Roberts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nora Roberts   Nora Roberts Empty

Back to top Go down

Nora Roberts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheBookClub :: The Library-
Jump to: